Sunday, March 1, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Billy and I grew up in Garland so when we moved to Rockwall last November, it was a little bit like coming home. Since we were coming back childless, we wanted to really change up our lifestyle and one of those changes involved living on the lake and buying a boat. Here she is!

I named her Daddy's Girl. Couple of reasons for that. First of all, I was able to buy her because of my earthly daddy's generosity. And because it is not something we would have been able to do for ourselves, I wanted to honor him.

Secondly, every good and perfect gift is from above. My ministry has always been about a love relationship with Jesus. Especially in my early ministry I would bring a tiara to my retreats and teach about God our Father who is the King of Kings which makes us, his daughters, princesses. So I also wanted this little pontoon boat to be a witness of who I belong to.


God is good. He is good when you get a boat and He is good when you bury your parents. He is good when the economy is great and He is good when the economy goes south. He is the giver of all good things. Sometimes it's really obvious that something is 'good.' Other times it's not so clear. My boat looks like a really good thing. However, if I go out and kill myself on it, you will all say, "Oh that wasn't good." Same thing with the death of my parents and Justin. On this side of time, I think it's not a good thing. However, if I could get my parents' and son's perspective I would have a whole different outlook. The current economic situation looks bad, but again....we don't really know that until we have God's perspective.

How then are we to live when even what seems clear is not? I'm still learning that but naming my boat was a start. We are to be witnesses. We are to live in a way that honors Him. That starts with having a grateful heart because we KNOW He is good. The circumstances may not be good. You may not feel good. Things may not look good. But the God who holds us in His hands, who died to save us and lives to intercede for us is not bound by circumstance or feeling. He is bound by His word and His character and He will not fail us.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good analogy really touched my heart. Your words continue to make me Think and Celebrate about the what is really important in life. You challenged me to study and trust in HIs word. Love,Ann

sparkled*life said...

Hey I came across your blog through Carrie Nuckols blog. It really touched my heart. I graduated the year after Justin. So when I saw your name I was curious....Now I see what a wonderful mother he has!
It really blesses me that you are out preaching Jesus. I also go and minister at various locations. There is nothing more rewarding than ministering to people. What a way to turn a bad thing that happened to Justin into something that will change lives.

Blessings and favor on you and your ministry!