Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

This is my first blog in 2009.....I got a call to go to Temple on New Year's eve. My mom was very sick and now is on hospice. Not exactly what I had envisioned my new year to be. It was the first one away from Billy in 35 years and after Daddy's death in '08, I had really envisioned a better 2009. At first I was paranoid imagining that this was going to be a premonition of what was to come; however, I made a conscious choice to accept what 'is' as from the Lord and to believe that this is for my good. It was hard at first. My 'natural' inclination is doom and gloom. I tend to fall back on fear instead of forward into rest. But I am discovering that the walk of faith is all about my choices and my vision.

My choice must be to trust that God has a plan and is in control. That takes the burden off of me for trying to fix things or having to control things. It also means that I don't have to understand what is going on. That is a good thing because I am discovering the older I get the less I know. I can in no way 'predict' what is best or what an outcome will be because I don't know the future.

Which leads to vision. God sees what is ahead. He knows what is needed to mold me and make me into a vessel fit for His glory. He knows what lies ahead and He is working all things together for my good and "working" is a present tense word. It's in the right now of your life and mine. So my vision must be up. Not down in the dumps or even straight ahead into my circumstance. Up - where Christ dwells sitting at the right hand of God the Father, making intercession for me.

However your 2009 may have begun - you are a child of the King. Look up and believe.


1 comment:

Julie Simmons said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement to fall "forward into rest" instead of "back on fear". I needed that! Love you...praying for you, j