Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Year

Wow - another year has come and is nearly gone. It has been a year of change for the Kulwicki's. My dad went home to heaven after a very short battle with cancer and my sister and brother and I got to care for him during that time. Billy changed jobs and we moved to Rockwall. My mom fell and broke her hip and shoulder requiring surgery and many, many months in rehab. My sister and her husband are leaving their acreage in Greenville after 11 years to move to a townhouse near George Bush freeway! Some of the change has been fun and adventurous and some has been grueling and painful. Such is life.

We have no clue what 2009 will hold for us but we can be assured that it will be a mixture of good and bad, fun and sad, easy and difficult. So how do we prepare ourselves?

I think the answer is found "in Christ." In Christ we have assurance that He is in control. In Christ we have the hope (rock hard certainty) that all things are being orchestrated by Him for His purposes - and that they are good. In Christ we find our joy and rest and peace. In Christ we are being molded into His image.

In Christ.....that is where I want to be found as 2008 fades into 2009. Not just as in being saved but firmly entrenched - making my determined purpose to abide in Him - loving Him with all my heart, trusting Him with all that is in me and believing Him with a steadfastness born of a relationship that has proven His faithfulness to me.

It will take determination on my part and a resolve to look not at my circumstances but at the faithfulness and power of my Abba Father who is the King of Kings. It is my intent but I will need you to remind me when life hurls 'stuff' at me. It takes a village to raise a child but it takes a church (body of believers) to raise a believer. How about in 2009 we hold each other accountable to be found in Christ - every day, in every situation? If we do so, I believe 2009 will be our best year ever.



No comments: