Monday, September 22, 2008

John 13: 35

"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

This weekend was my ten year anniversary retreat. It was the first time I have ever done a retreat where I was in charge of the whole thing and it was a little nerve wracking. There is the whole money thing. The registrants. The room assignments. The food. The decor. The scheduling. ETC. Then you worry - yes, speakers worry - will anyone come? Can I juggle it all?

God be praised it was the sweetest retreat. I stopped counting at 12 churches represented and we only had 40 women there! Yet there was the sweetest spirit of love and unity. Women helping one another. Visiting with one another. Finding points of common interest in their lives. Praying together. Breaking bread together. Studying together. It was a foretaste of heaven.

Our goal for the weekend was to return to our first love. To come back to the understanding of all that salvation meant for us - all that Jesus had done for us for love. He was a smashing success. I have heard from woman after woman that she was washed and renewed. And I give Him all the glory for that miracle.

If you weren't there I want you to know I thought of you. So many churches throughout the years have allowed me the immense privilege of opening God's word to them and especially in those early days, I'm sure I had much less to say than I thought I did. But you are in my heart and I count myself unworthy to have been in your churches, retreat centers and "in your face."
I love you girls. You have filled me with such joy and love as I ministered to you in His name. I do not esteem that lightly.

I don't know what God has for the future of FPM and I frankly don't think about it much. He's done a great job so far despite me. I think I will trust Him to write the rest of my script.

I love you all. God bless your week.

1 comment:

Jan Vest said...

I wish I could have been there to hear your teaching again and to see everyone again. I'm sure it was as great as usual.

Love ya, Jan