Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Time For Every Season

Maybe it's the weather but I'm sensing a change in the seasons. Maybe it's school starting again and thinking about the 5 year old little babies that will venture off to kindergarten or the 18 year old babies that will leave home for college. Maybe it's that I just buried my dad and moved my mom and stepdad to an apartment. Life is all about seasons.

At Firmly Planted, we are celebrating ten years in ministry. September 1998 God called me from a career in nursing to begin teaching His word. Little did I know that calling would lead me down the path of job loss, a move from my home of eighteen years, the death of a child, the marriage of two sons, the loss of my dad and on and on. Season after season - love and loss and joy and heartache. Such is life. That's why at FPM we are celebrating ten years with a retreat. We've never done this before but we know God has called us to do it. We are to return to our roots. FPM was founded on the development of an intimate love relationship with Christ and this retreat will be all about Jesus.

Our prayer is that God will plant the desire for you to come and hear what He has placed on my heart. I am so excited. The last few months of ministering to my Daddy have been filled with the revelatory power of God and I have so much to share with you. I know it will be life-changing.

Whatever season you are finding yourself in - God is in the midst of it. He is ever ready to equip you, teach you, lead you and uphold you. Trusting Him is the rock that will stabilize us in times of transition. Come and be filled. Come and reacquaint yourself with the God who moved heaven and earth to reach you.

1 comment:

Tammy Pearson said...

Wow, I am really excited now!!! Can't wait to hear what God has given you...I need it.